Prof. Henrik Lund a Professor in Energy Planning at Aalborg University in Denmark. He holds a Ph.D. in Implementation of Sustainable Energy Systems (1990) and a Dr.Techn. in Choice Awareness and Renewable Energy Systems (2009). Prof. Henrik Lund is listed among ISI Highly Cited researchers ranking him among the top 1% of engineering researchers worldwide. He is Editor-in-Chief of Elsevier’s high-impact journal Energy, ranked among the top journals in the world in the field of Thermodynamics and the category of Energy & Fuels.
Key expertise with particular relevance for district heating (DH):
- Energy Systems Analysis expert, including a focus on the role of DH in future Smart Energy Systems
- 4th generation District Heating Technologies and Systems design
- Head of 4DH, 4th Generation District Heating Research Center
- Heat roadmap studies for Denmark, Europe and China
- Combinations of DH and Building savings efficiencies.