As an energy anthropologist, I work with the encounter between people and technology, specifically focusing on energy efficiency, indoor climate and energy flexibility. When combining human perspectives with technical expertise, it becomes possible to develop technology which add value for users – whether they are employees in an office building or students in educational institutions.
A short summary of recent work on energy behavior:
- Visualization of consumption data in apartment buildings;
- Human-building interaction in smart, low-energy buildings;
- Energy flexibility in the industrial sector;
- User-centred IoT-solutions;
- Energy flexibility in shopping centers.