The eTraining “Enhancing Energy Efficiency in East African municipalities” is developed by the Copenhagen Center on Energy Efficiency (C2E2) with the objective of sharing knowledge and key learnings to foster energy efficiency actions on a regional, national and local scale. The training will be organised in collaboration with the East African Centre of Excellence for Renewable Energy and Efficiency (EACREEE).
Target groups are national and local authorities of the East African countries such as city and municipality majors and their advisors, technical experts and practitioners, as well as energy utilities and other relevant decision makers.
The training will focus on seven main areas:
- Basics about energy efficiency – benefits, opportunities, policies, and projects;
- EE strategic planning for municipalities;
- Public and commercial buildings and existing services;
- Street lighting;
- Water provision;
- Business models and finance;
- Measuring reporting and verification (MRV).
For the East African region context and the focus areas:
- Describe, understand and discuss the role of energy efficiency;
- Understand the need of EE strategic planning, and how to do it;
- Recognise and apply key steps for the implementation of energy efficiency measures;
- Identify suitable business models;
- Assess financial aspects of each project and pinpoint viable sources of finance;
- Discuss MRV principles, benefits and procedure.
Sectors: Buildings, Cross cutting, Equipment and appliances, Finance, Lighting
Country / Region: Africa, Argentina