The eTraining “Enhancing Energy Efficiency in Mozambique” is developed by the Copenhagen Center on Energy Efficiency (C2E2) with the objective of sharing knowledge and key learnings to foster energy efficiency actions on a national and local scale.
Target groups are national and local authorities, including project managers and sponsors, technical experts, as well as energy utilities (Electricidade de Mocambique (EDM)) and partners and the Ministry of Energy of Mozambique, the latter if interested.
The content of the training is divided into five main areas:
- Basics about energy efficiency – benefits, opportunities, policies, and projects
(Sessions 1, 2, 3 & 4)
- Public and commercial buildings and existing services
(Sessions 4, 5 & 6)
- Energy Efficiency in water provision
- Business models and finance
- Monitoring reporting and verification (MRV)
For the context of Mozambique and the focus areas:
- Describe, understand and discuss the role of energy efficiency;
- Recognise and apply key steps for the implementation of energy efficiency measures;
- Identify suitable business models;
- Assess financial aspects of each project and pinpoint viable sources of finance;
- Discuss MRV principles, benefits and procedure.
Sectors: Buildings, Cross cutting, Equipment and appliances, Finance, Lighting
Country / Region: Mozambique